The Fox Point - Bayside Senior Center, also known as the LX Club, started with a vision of having a place for seniors to gather, meet new friends, acquire new skills, access quality information and most importantly have fun.
A brief history of the club:
- · 1979 - Center was founded and the members first met in the basement of a local church
- · 1980 - Moved to Stormonth School in a senior center
- · 1991 - Stormonth returned to classroom use and center was moved to Bayside elementary school
- · 1992 - Center moved from Bayside elementary to Dunwood
- · 1992 - Dunwood school closed and we moved to the Dunwood library and a classroom
- · 2016 - Dunwood school was sold and we moved to the Whitefish Bay Woman's Club
We also have activities at Marcus North Shore Cinema. No matter where we go, the club is more than brick and mortar, the membership is the life of this organization.
During its 38 year history, the LX Club has brought joy, entertainment and recreation to scores of men and women in the community, and will continue to serve the North Shore area.
Come visit and see all we have to offer!
The LX Club is a non-profit senior club promoting cultural, social, charitable, and educational activities. Its primary purpose is to be available to seniors in the North Shore area of Milwaukee, and to promote quality programs and activities in this community.
Have fun networking with fellow neighbors, exchange helpful ideas in areas of health, finance and careers, plus enjoy a variety of games.
Click here to read an interesting article written by Gail Mackiewicz in The Fox Point of View Magazine about the LX Club in January 2013.